MicroSIP is an open-source portable SIP softphone. It is based on PJSIP stack for Windows Operating System & supports high-quality VoIP calls via SIP protocol.
Go to this link to download MicroSIP for Windows PC: MicroSIP download
Once downloaded then install it on your PC.
Follow the steps below to configure SIP settings on MicroSIP;
A) Open MicroSIP App.
B) Click on the dropdown arrow on the top right to open the Menu.
C) Select “Add Account”.
D) Enter the SIP configuration detail provided by your VOIP provider.
- Account Name: <Name - Extension Number>
- SIP Server: <SIP realm>
- Username: <Your extension number>
- Domain: <SIP realm>
- Login: <SIP username>
- Password: <SIP username>
- Display Name: <Name - Extension Number>
- Transport: <Auto> (Note: If Auto doesn't work then try using only TCP or UDP)
- Select “Publish Presence”.
- Click “Save”.
E) To update the settings of a SIP account.
- Open the "Menu" and select "Settings" or press “Ctrl+P” on your keyboard.
F) The following are the recommended settings. However, you can update the settings as per your own requirements.
- Make sure"Single Call Mode" is NOT selected.
- Make sure "Bring to Front on Incoming Call" is selected.
- Make sure "Random Popup Position" is NOT selected.
- Ring Device is selected as “Default”.
- Speaker is selected as “Default”.
- Microphone is selected as “Default”.
- Click “Save” to apply the changes.
G) To Add Contacts in the List
- Select "Contacts" tab and then right-click in the center of the page and select "Add".
- On the pop-up screen, add the "Name" and "Number" of the contact.
- Select "Presence Subscription".
- Click "OK".
H) To Add BLF/Short keys
- Open the "Menu" and select "Shortcuts" or press “Ctrl+S” on your keyboard.
- The section allows up to 8 Shortcut Keys that can be configured.
- Add "Label", "Number" & select "Type" as shown in the picture below. ("Type" should be selected as "Call" for audio calling)
- Check for "Enable" should be "Selected".
- Click "Save".
- Now you need to restart the MicroSIP application for the changes to take effect.
- Open the "Menu" and select "Exit" or press “Ctrl+Q” on your keyboard to close the MicroSIP app.
- Once you restart the MicroSIP App the shortcuts will appear as shown in the picture below.