You would like to use the Plesk Windows Scheduler to call a particular ASP or ASP.NET script on your web site that will perform a function.
1. Click on 'Scheduled Tasks' in Plesk
2. Click on 'Add New Task'
3. Enter a description and notification email if required
4. In the 'Path to executable file' field, enter the following path: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe
5. In the 'Arguments' field enter the following: D:\vhosts\mysite.co.nz\httpdocs\schedule.vbs (replacing mysite.co.nz with your domain name)
6. Because cscript.exe won't execute an asp file, we'll need to create a vbs script, that will then call the asp script. In the schedule.vbs script, we'll use the xmlhttp request to open a web page. Copy and paste the script below and save to a file called schedule.vbs and upload this to your site.
Set RequestObj = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
URL = "http://www.mydomain.co.nz/myScript.aspx"
'Open request and pass the URL
RequestObj.open "POST", URL , false
Set RequestObj = Nothing
7. Now you can create your myscript.aspx page, or whatever you would like to name it to perform the tasks you require to be scheduled.